Up and down, with a side of rice


The water flowing down the sculptures in front of 601 South Figueroa Street, looking up at the towering building behind.

I'm not suggesting this is groundbreaking photography here, people. Heck, these are barely noteworthy compared to a great deal of just what's on flickr.com. The digital camera era has taken the difficulty out of taking and sharing one's pictures, allowing us (me) to delude ourselves (myself) into thinking we're (I'm) photographers. But dag nammit, I walked several blocks around downtown L.A. yesterday on my lunch hour, and this makes me feel as though I accomplished more than just eating falafal.


(Why are there never any people in these pictures I post? Buildings and trees and sunsets don't get embarrassed.)


("Dag nammit"? I'm channeling an old prospector apparently.)

No comments:

Post a Comment