Hummingbird

One recent morning my wife was leaving for work and I was about to head out for my morning workout, but as we walked toward the stairs I took her on a detour to the other side of our condo's courtyard, past this umbrella tree.
Can you spot the point of interest?
Yes, it's a hummingbird in the nest.
Suffice it to say, I blew off my workout and (with my wife's urging) went and got the camera.
And for just a couple minutes she left, so here we get a glimpse of the tiny eggs.
My wife has named her Dolores.
13 Apr 2010

2 comments:

  1. Good shots. I like #10: it looks like the hummingbird has been squished down or some sort of mutant blob is eating the poor bird. Amazing how the camera-to-subject angle can change things.

    Did the eggs hatch yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ray. That mutant blob is the nest, but I see how it can appear that way.

    ReplyDelete