Sweetgum Project 1.1 - February 21

Back in mid-February I got the idea to chronicle in photographs the growth of the leaves on a tree in the courtyard of the complex where I live. There's a number of trees, but for simple reasons of proximity I chose the American Sweetgum closest to my front door.

I'd captured the tree in the past (as seen in these posts), but that was showing the changing of leaves in the autumn. In February the tree was complete barren, without a single leave or pod on it, so this seemed like a good time to start the project. I figured that I'd make a point of getting detailed shots focusing on a specific branch (the highest one) as the one to track the progress of how the leaves and other blooms developed, along with getting general shots of other branches just as accompaniment.

Given the rate of growth I figured that shooting once a week would be sufficient; that should allow for there to be at least some modestly noticeable differences.

Here's how it looked on February 21, starting with the shot of that highest branch:

Continued with the following week's shots in the next post.
21 Feb 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment