Sweetgum Project 2.1 - March 14

The last three posts featured an American Sweetgum tree that was near my front door in my condo complex, showing the growth of a particular branch over the course of three consecutive Sundays, starting what I'd called the Sweetgum Project. The intent was to chronicle that branch as it developed over the next months.

That was the plan. However, between March 7 and 14 the tree I'd been shooting got removed. (The story of that can be read here.) I could have just given up after the original idea got cut down (literally), but after getting over some initial disappointment I looked around, saw there were still two other Sweetgum trees in the courtyard, and decided to carry on with those. So these shots commence the Sweetgum Project 2.0.

These trees may not have been at exactly the same state of development as the one from the Project 1.0, but we'll assume they were. So we'll start this post with some shots of similar branches, how they looked on March 14.
Continued in the next post.
14 Mar 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment