The future beckons

Right off the 101 freeway in downtown L.A. this unusually shaped structure is under construction:




When first I saw it I figured it must be a museum or some crazy condo (every other building is). Still, even without knowing its coming purpose, it struck me as a worthwhile subject, so I got into downtown a bit early one morning and took some shots.

Both from a distance and then up a bit closer.



And around on the Grand Avenue side where these round windows could be seen.




And after I had done that I looked into what the building was to be. When finished it will be... Los Angeles Unified School District Central High School #9.
But the design makes more sense calling it the High School for the Visual and Performing Arts.

(Images of how it will look can also be found here.)




No comments:

Post a Comment